New Ternio Study Finds Crypto Organizations Employ Over 85,000 Workers Globally and 94% Are Led by Men
Industry-leading, enterprise blockchain, white-label technology provider Ternio has released the findings of a new study titled “The State of Crypto Entrepreneurship 2019”.
The objective of the study was to better understand the demographics of crypto founders, the number of jobs being created, and the success ratio of funded crypto startups. The Research was conducted from Oct. 14-Nov. 29, 2019. In total, 5,331 were organizations were analyzed.
- 2,577 startups have received funding, either VC, angel, or via an ICO.
- 472 (18%) of those startups have either closed or are no longer active. These startups combined raised $4.7 billion from investors.
- 56 (2.3%) startups have been acquired.
- 5.7% of crypto startups are led by women, 94.3% are lead by men.
- 63% of crypto CEOs are white.
- 38% of crypto startups were founded by first-time founders.
- NYC is the most popular city for crypto startups.
- The US is the leading country, with the United Kingdom in second.
Crypto and blockchain-focused companies currently employ an estimated 86,443 people across the world.
Ternio is a pioneer in high-speed blockchain technology, capable of exceeding 1 million transactions per second, all on chain. Ternio is also the creator of the BlockCard a crypto debit card enabling card holders to spend their cryptocurrency.