Robotics is a different entity in Artificial Intelligence that helps to concentrate on the production of smart robots. Advanced mechanics consolidates electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and software engineering. Despite the fact that Robotics and artificial intelligence both have various targets and applications, the vast majority treat Robotics as a subset of AI. Robot machines look basically the same as people, and they can perform like people, whenever empowered with man-made intelligence. Years back, mechanical applications were restricted, however today they have strolled such a long ways with Man-made reasoning. In this article, ‘About Robotics and AI”, we will examine Robots and Man-made brainpower and their different applications, benefits, contrasts, and so forth.
What Is A Robot?
A robot is a machine that looks like a human, and is capable of performing out of box actions and replicating a few human movements automatically by means of commands given to it using programming. Examples: Automotive Industry Robots, Order Picking Robots, Industrial Floor Scrubbers and Sage Automation Gantry Robots, etc.
What Is Artificial Intelligence?
AI is a mimic of Human intelligence. The technology earlier was just to develop computers to make work of humans easy but now is an era whereby computers(robots) are inbuilt with technology which has started thinking like humans. The informal definition of it is whatever machines cannot do yet but humans can but few people argue about computers playing chess or image recognition but every time a new barrier is broken by a new technology development the definition and concept alters about AI. If a human cannot tell the difference between a machine and a human in that case the machine (later case) is said to be intelligent. Machine learning is a subset of AI and deep learning is a subset of machine learning.
Are Robotics And Artificial Intelligence The Same Thing?
However now and again utilized reciprocally, robotics and artificial intelligence are altogether different things. AI is where frameworks imitate the human psyche to learn, tackle issues and pursue choices on the fly, without requiring the directions explicitly modified. Robotics is where robots are constructed and customized to perform quite certain obligations. Much of the time, this basically doesn’t need man-made consciousness, as the undertakings performed are unsurprising, monotonous and needn’t bother with extra ‘thought’.
Components Of Robot
Several components construct a robot, these components are as follows:
- Actuators: Actuators are the devices that are responsible for moving and controlling a system or machine. It helps to achieve physical movements by converting energy like electrical, hydraulic and air, etc. Actuators can create linear as well as rotary motion.
- Power Supply: It is an electrical device that supplies electrical power to an electrical load. The primary function of the power supply is to convert electrical current to power the load.
- Electric Motors: These are the devices that convert electrical energy into mechanical energy and are required for the rotational motion of the machines.
- Pneumatic Air Muscles: Air Muscles are soft pneumatic devices that are ideally best fitted for robotics. They can contract and extend and operate by pressurized air filling a pneumatic bladder. Whenever air is introduced, it can contract up to 40%.
- Muscle wire: These are made up of nickel-titanium alloy called Nitinol and are very thin in shape. Also, it can be formed and bent into different shapes when it is in its martensitic form.They can contract by 5% when electrical current passes through them.
- Piezo Motors and Ultrasonic Motors: Piezoelectric motors or Piezo motors are the electrical devices that receive an electric signal and apply a directional force to an opposing ceramic plate. It helps a robot to move in the desired direction.
- Sensor: They provide the ability to see, hear, touch and movement like humans. Sensors are the devices or machines which help to detect the events or changes in the environment and send data to the computer processor.Similar to human organs, the electrical sensor also plays a crucial role in Artificial Intelligence & robotics. AI algorithms control robots by sensing the environment, and it provides real-time information to computer processors.
Applications Of Robotics
Robotics have different application areas. Some of the important applications domains of robotics are as follows:
- Robotics in defense sectors: The defense sector is undoubtedly the one of the main parts of any country. Each country wants their defense system to be strong. Robots help to approach inaccessible and dangerous zones during war.
- Robotics in Medical sectors: Robots also help in various medical fields such as laparoscopy, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, disinfecting rooms, dispensing medication, and various other medical domains.
- Robotics in Industrial Sector: Robots are used in various industrial manufacturing industries such as cutting, welding, assembly, disassembly, pick and place for printed circuit boards, packaging & labeling, paletizing, product inspection & testing, color coating, drilling, polishing and handling the materials.
- Robotics in Entertainment: Robots are being employed in the entertainment sector, such as movies, animation, games and cartoons. Robots are very helpful where repetitive actions are required. A camera-wielding robot helps shoot a movie scene as many times as needed without getting tired and frustrated. A big-name Disney has launched hundreds of robots for the film industry.
- Robots in the mining industry: Robotics is helpful for mining applications like robotic dozing, excavation and haulage, robotic mapping & surveying, robotic drilling and explosive handling, etc. A mining robot can solely navigate flooded passages and use cameras and other sensors to detect valuable minerals.
AI Technology Used In Robotics
- Computer Vision – Robots can also see, and this is possible by one of the popular Artificial Intelligence technologies named Computer vision. Computer Vision plays a crucial role in all industries like health, entertainment, medical, military, mining, etc.
- Natural Language Processing can be used to give voice commands to AI robots. It creates a strong human-robot interaction. NLP is a specific area of Artificial Intelligence that enables the communication between humans and robots.
- Edge Computing in robots is defined as a service provider of robot integration, testing, design and simulation. Edge computing in robotics provides better data management, lower connectivity cost, better security practices, more reliable and uninterrupted connection.
- Complex Event Process is a concept that helps us to understand the processing of multiple events in real time. An event is described as a Change of State, and one or more events combine to define a Complex event. The complex event process is the most widely used term in various industries such as healthcare, finance, security, marketing, etc.
- Transfer Learning and AI- This is the technique used to solve a problem with the help of another problem that is already solved. In Transfer learning technique, knowledge gained from solving one problem can be implemented to solve related problems. We can understand it with an example such as the model used for identifying a circle shape can also be used to identify a square shape.
- Transfer learning reuses the pre-trained model for a related problem, and only the last layer of the model is trained, which is relatively less time consuming and cheaper. In robotics, transfer learning can be used to train one machine with the help of other machines.
- Reinforcement Learning is a criticism based learning technique in machine learning that enables an AI agent to learn and investigate the climate, perform activities and advance naturally as a matter of fact or criticism for each activity. Further, it additionally has the element of independently figuring out how to act ideally through hit-and-trail activity while associating with the climate. It is fundamentally used to foster the succession of choices and accomplish the objectives in an unsure and possibly complex environment.
- Affective computing is a field of study that deals with developing systems that can identify, interpret, process, and simulate human emotions. Affective computing aims to endow robots with emotional intelligence to hope that robots can be endowed with human-like capabilities of observation, interpretation, and emotion expression.
- Mixed Reality is also an emerging domain. It is mainly used in the field of programming by demonstration (PbD). PbD creates a prototyping mechanism for algorithms using a combination of physical and virtual objects.
What Are Artificially Intelligent Robots?
Fake insightful robots associate artificial intelligence with robotics. Artificial intelligence robots are constrained by simulated intelligence projects and utilize different AI technologies, for example, computer vision, RL learning, ML and so on. Generally, most robots are not simulated intelligence robots, these robots are modified to perform dreary series of developments, and they needn’t bother with any man-made intelligence to play out their assignment. Be that as it may, these robots are restricted in usefulness.
A warehousing robot could utilize a way tracking down calculation to explore around the stockroom.
A robot could utilize independent route to get back when it is going to run out of battery. A self-driving vehicle could utilize a blend of simulated intelligence calculations to identify and keep away from expected risks out and about. Every one of these are instances of falsely clever robots.
What are the advantages of integrating Artificial Intelligence into robotics?
- The major advantages of artificially intelligent robots are social care. They can guide people, especially come to aid older people, with chatbot-like social skills and advanced processors.
- Robotics also helps in the Agricultural industry with the help of developing AI based robots. These robots reduce the farmer’s workload.
- In Military industry, Military bots can spy through speech and vision detectors, along with saving lives by replacing infantry
- Robotics is also employed in volcanoes, deep oceans, extremely cold places, or even in space where normally humans can’t survive.
- Robotics is also used in the medical and healthcare industry as it can also perform complex surgeries that have a higher risk of a mistake by humans, but with a pre-set of instructions and added Intelligence. AI integrated robotics could reduce the number of casualties greatly.
Difference In Robot System And AI Programs
- AI Programs – Usually, we use them to operate in computer-simulated worlds. Generally, input is given in the form of symbols and rules. To operate this, we need general-purpose/Special-purpose computers.
- Robots- Generally, we use robots to operate in the real physical world. Inputs are given in the form of the analogue signal or in the form of the speech waveform. Also, to operate this, special hardware with sensors and effectors are needed.
How Does The AI Robots Work?
- A body structure
- A muscle system to move the body structure
- A sensory system that receives information about the body and the surrounding environment
- A power source to activate the muscles and sensors
- A brain system that processes sensory information and tells the muscles what to do
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence: A Bright Future
Robotics and artificial intelligence are two related yet altogether unique fields.Robotics includes the production of robots to perform undertakings minus any additional mediation, while artificial intelligence is the way frameworks copy the human brain to decide and ‘learn.’
While you can have advanced mechanics with a man-made intelligence component (as well as the other way around), both can, and typically do, exist autonomously of one another. For most robots, intended to perform straightforward, dreary errands, there’s no requirement for cutting edge simulated intelligence as the obligations are basic, unsurprising and pre-modified.
Yet, numerous such computer based intelligence free mechanical technology frameworks were made in view of past constraints of man-made reasoning, and as the innovation keeps on progressing quickly every year, mechanical technology makers might feel progressively certain about stretching the boundaries in what can be accomplished by wedding the two disciplines. The referred to instances of artificial intelligence in assembling, aviation, medical services and horticulture featured above can positively leave us feeling certain that what’s to come is brilliant for advanced mechanics and computerized reasoning.
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]