NYC FinTech Women, an organization created to connect, empower and promote women to advance their careers in financial technology (FinTech), continues to celebrate and recognize women who are driving innovation, leading through difficult times and inspiring the community. In its second year, the Inspiring FinTech Females award recognizes 50 leaders who epitomize the organization’s mission to strengthen the ecosystem across five categories: Founders, Leaders, Money Movers, Network Builders and Product Builders.
“Women are often the ones fighting for equality and this list not only highlights the incredible talents but also celebrates the change agents working within the industry for us all to someday realize equality,” said Edwina Johnson, COO of Alloy & NYC FinTech Women Steering Committee Member. “These are not empty words or hollow pledges for change, these are the people making change happen and innovating the finance industry from a technology point of view and demographic point of view.”
“So many women are doing impactful work behind the scenes, it is time for a list like ours to celebrate them and bring them to the forefront,” added Larissa Carrera, Associate Director of LeFrak Investment Holdings & NYC FinTech Marketing Committee.
Each recipient of the Inspiring FinTech Females award will be featured for a full calendar year on NYC FinTech Women’s website.
The 2020 winners include:
Founders: She is a tenacious female founder in a male-dominated industry who has an entrepreneurial spirit using her platform to build diverse teams and mentor other women.
- Asya Bradley, Cofounder, Boulevard
- Jenn Byrne, CEO and Co-Founder, Quesnay
- Jessica Eting, Co-Founder, COO, Flourish Savings
- Aimeelene Gaspar, CEO & Co-founder, LionX
- Cokie Hasiotis, Founder, Lasagna Consulting
- Rebecca Kersch, Founder, Tang
- Stephany Kirkpatrick, CEO and Founder, Orum
- Kaeya Majmundar, CEO & Founder, Swaypay
- Sheryl O’Connor, Founder/CEO, WealthConductor
- Karen Rios, CEO & Co-Founder, Lifesaver
- Bola Sokunbi, Founder & CEO, Clever Girl Finance
- Ioanna Stanegloudi, co-Founder & Chief Risk Officer, Finclude
- Kate Terry, Co-Founder & COO, Surround Insurance
- Dana Wilson, Founder & CEO, Chip Professionals
- Magdalena Yesil, Executive Chair/Founder, Informed
Read More: 5 Fintech Trends From 2020!