- Starting in the first quarter of 2021, Societe Generale will become the first and only major bank in France to operate in open architecture for all clients of its two retail banking networks.
- New innovative partnerships have been forged with six asset management companies, allowing savers served by the Societe Generale retail banking network to access the best expertise in France and internationally.
- In keeping with Societe Generale’s corporate mission*, the advisory and new investment solutions on offer will systematically incorporate social and environmental considerations, enabling clients to invest more meaningfully.
Societe Generale is announcing new partnerships with leading asset managers in France and internationally in order to offer all its retail banking clients a new and broader range of investment solutions which aims to combine financial performance with social and environmental impact. To better meet the expectations of its clients – for whom savings are a cornerstone of the banking relationship – the bank has made an unprecedented choice in the French market to combine the expertise of the very best asset management companies and so create a diversified and innovative offering. These partnerships are the next step in an initiative launched in August of this year when the bank signed a new agreement with Amundi, which will remain Societe Generale group’s primary partner.
As such, Amundi, BlackRock, DNCA, La Financière de l’Echiquier, Mirova and Primonial REIM will be providing savings and investment solutions to the Societe Generale retail banking network in an open architecture system. Lyxor will complete this selection with a “climate transition” ETFs fund.
These partnerships with asset managers that are leaders both in France and internationally will provide access to many asset classes worldwide – from bond markets to equities and real estate – different themes such as energy and the environment, as well as a broad range of management styles. Clients will have access to the investment strategies that best suits their priorities and projects in relations with their investment horizon and level of risk as well as visibility regarding the impact of their investments, with a whole range of funds having received SRI (Socially Responsible Investment) labels. As part of its new offering, Societe Generale will also be the first retail bank to provide a fully SRI-labelled mid-range offering and environmental solutions entirely in open architecture.
Notes for editors:
Societe Generale has decided to partner with French and international companies which are leaders in their fields, whose products regularly receive awards and whose combined expertise have made it possible to build a comprehensive, high-performance range that creates value for the bank’s clients.
- AMUNDI is the number one European asset management company and offers a comprehensive range of investment solutions with active and passive management, and both traditional and real assets. Amundi’s AUM stood at €1,662 billion at the end of September 2020. The company is a long-standing and first-rate partner of Societe Generale.
- BLACKROCK is number one worldwide in asset management, with expertise spanning all asset classes worldwide and all investment styles. With a presence in over 30 countries and a presence in France since 2006, BlackRock’s mission is to help more and more individuals invest in their financial future. BlackRock’s AUM stood at nearly $7,810 billion at the end of September 2020 and is committed to making sustainability its investment standard.
- DNCA is a leading French asset management company particularly known for its expertise in European and international equities and its approach to wealth management. DNCA created a hub to develop SRI management in 2018 and its AUM stood at €24 billion at the end of September 2020.
- LA FINANCIERE DE L’ECHIQUIER is one of the leading independent asset management companies in France, recognised in particular for its quality equities expertise including small-and mid-cap as well as its SRI commitment. La Financière de l’Echiquier’s AUM stood at €10.5 billion at the end of September 2020.
- LYXOR is a specialist in asset management and number three in Europe for ETFs. With €147.8 billion in AUM and advisory, Lyxor creates innovative investment solutions from ETFs to multi-management, sustainable investment and the fight against climate change being particular strategic development themes.
- MIROVA is an asset management company dedicated to sustainable investment and an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers. Both a pioneer and a leader in France in this field, Mirova held €15.8 billion in AUM at the end of September 2020.
- PRIMONIAL REIM is a portfolio management company that creates, structures and manages collective real estate investments. A major player in real-estate savings in France and in the investment market in Europe, Primonial REIM held €22 billion in AUM at the end of September 2020.