Warburg Pincus and Fiserv-backed company to modernize last and most complex frontier of housing ecosystem
Sagent Lending Technologies, a leading fintech company modernizing mortgage and consumer loan servicing, appointed Dan Sogorka CEO and president, replacing Bret Leech who will become executive chairman and board member. The move accelerates Sagent’s vision to disrupt loan servicing and home ownership from the consumer perspective.
Sogorka’s appointment to CEO and president is the latest of a series of steps to accelerate Sagent’s growth. Since 2018, Sagent has:
- Added some of America’s largest loan servicers to its modern servicing platform called LoanServ,
- Launched Account Connect to give servicers advanced customer analytics and a new user experience to engage homeowners at just the right times, and
- Acquired ISGN Technologies to expand default servicing capabilities.
expectations as it is about anticipating and managing lender risk,” said Sogorka. “Sagent is a modern platform using data and analytics to earn customer loyalty, lower lender servicing costs, ensure compliance, and increase the value of servicing rights throughout full market cycles.”
Sagent’s institutional backing keeps it focused on its long-term vision of ensuring lenders properly care for customers throughout the homeownership lifecycle, which includes home purchasing, refinancing, servicing and retention, home equity, default, loan modification, bankruptcy, and foreclosure.
Under Sogorka’s leadership, Sagent will execute in two ways:
- Continue rapid innovation and acquisitions of core technologies to modernize the loan servicing workflow including customer service, payments, escrow, investor, collections, loss mitigation, bankruptcy, foreclosure, REO, and claims.
- Continue to partner and integrate modern systems for loan origination, point of sale, products and pricing, eSign, digital closing, and marketing.
“A maturing economic cycle creates urgency to modernize mortgage servicing,” said Alex Stratoudakis, principal at Warburg Pincus. “To modernize at scale, Sagent plans to build or buy all modules servicers need to eliminate data silos. Dan knows how to lead housing into this final and most complex frontier of innovation.”