Ceres Imaging’s university-validated dataset and industry-leading computer vision capabilities are now helping lenders and insurers adapt to the risks posed by climate change
Ceres Imaging, the data analytics company that builds AI-driven solutions to protect yields and advance climate resiliency, has released its Risk Solutions product suite, designed to power the next generation of risk models for insurers and lenders. The new product takes advantage of Ceres’ finely tuned data models—refined by more than 11 billion individual plant-level measurements and more than 40 crop types— and is used to streamline underwriting, improve claims responsiveness and respond to risk in near real time.
Risk Solutions by Ceres is validated by over a decade of research and development and over 30 university research partnerships. The product is now available globally to agricultural lenders, insurers and reinsurers, after two years of stealth product development and successful early commercial partnerships with leading agriculture insurance providers (AIPs) and major agriculture lenders.
Latest Fintech News: Inszone Insurance Services Completes Acquisition of Donna Ledwick Insurance Services
According to a recent McKinsey report, shifting pressures are leading agricultural businesses to adopt data analytics solutions, “to optimize their returns and minimize their financial risk.”
Risk Solutions by Ceres helps insurers and lenders focus on things that can be controlled such as precise farm data, near real-time responsiveness to in field health conditions, and targeted intervention recommendations to protect yield and profitability.
Specific features within the product suite include:
- Portfolio insights
- Near real-time insights and portfolio management solutions that rank and visualize risk exposure —such as emergence risk, crop type risk, or harvest risk.
- Crop inventories
- Automated measurements of past and present key farm characteristics, such as plant counts and planted acreage, used for pre-application inspection reports, during underwriting, and determinations for claims processing.
- Crop Productivity Forecasts
- Timely, localized data to forecast potential payouts in season, adjust risk models, and make time-sensitive changes in season to protect yield.
- Damage reporting
- Peril-specific damage assessment reports for perils including hail, wind, frost, and flood damage.
- Plant-Level Insights
- Insights on portfolio performance down to the individual plant level. This enhanced precision unlocks the ability to quantify changes and surface risk.
Latest Fintech News: Vestigo Ventures Invests in Calculum, First AI-Driven Treasury Solution to Optimize Working Capital
“While the increasingly visible effects of climate change do pose daunting obstacles to lenders and carriers operating in the agricultural space, our data provides efficiency savings at every stage of the business cycle: from product innovation and policy writing to crop monitoring and regulatory compliance,” said Ramsey Masri, CEO at Ceres Imaging.
At Ceres Imaging, we build AI-driven solutions that protect yield and advance climate resiliency. We believe the future of agriculture depends on building the right tools to help farmers, insurers, lenders and sustainability partners make the most of their limited resources. By combining in field data with advanced analytics and proprietary high-resolution imagery, we’re building more profitable and more sustainable agriculture operations.
Latest Fintech News: Aevi Selects OvationCXM to Transform Digital Payment Customer Experience
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]